What is Qigong?
Qigong, (also spelled Chi Kung or Chigong), is a powerful system of healing and energy work, originating over 7,000 years ago in China. It is the art and science of using energy, breathing techniques, gentle movement, and meditation to cultivate, activate, and work with your life energy (Qi or Chi).
Qigong practice leads to better health and vitality and a more tranquil state of mind. At the very root, it promotes self-healing, restoring the body to its balanced original healthy form, shedding stress, pollution, and disease.
Qigong has many different forms.
- The Traditional Chinese Medicine community uses qigong for its preventive and healing functions.
- The Chinese Martial Arts community considered qigong training an important component in enhancing martial abilities.
- Kungfu, in particular, relies very heavily on qigong training.
- Taoist and Buddhist traditions use qigong as part of their meditative practice.
- Confucian scholars practice qigong to improve their moral character.
Over 20 Million people practice various forms of Qigong today in USA. (See Research Study on Qigong practitioners from the Qigong Institute)For more information Qigiong, please check out the Qigong Section.