Grandmaster Xu Mingtang is the current Grandmaster and lineage holder of Zhong Yuan Qigong, a system that is thousands of years old. He comes from an ancient Shamanic and Kungfu family closely associated with the Shaolin monastery.
As one of the foremost teachers and healers in Chinese medicine today, he has clinics all over the world and has taught ZY Qigong system to more than 40,000 students in at least 17 countries.Some of the current distinctions of Grandmaster Xu include:
- President of Chinese Zhong Yuan Association
- Board member and Advanced Specialist Consultant of the World Academic Society of Medical Qigong (WASMQ)
- Kenynote Speaker at 2006 International Society for the Study of Subtle Energy and Energy Medicine Conference (ISSSEEM)
- Publication in the Subtle Energies & Energy Medicine, Volume 17, Number 1, Diagnosis and Healing of Energetic Diseases by Grandmaster Mingtang Xu
- Invited speaker at the 2007 US Congress' Caucus on Completementary and Alternative Medicine, invited by Congressman Kucinich.
- Founder of Kundawell Institute for treating and studying "untreatable" diseases
- Founder of a degree program at the Oriental Culture and Medicine Academy at the Ukraine National Academy of Science
- Invited to present Image Medicine (Qigong Healing) at Harvard Medical School in 2011.
Grandmaster Xu started teaching ZYQ outside of China in 1991. Starting in 1998, he has been leading annual Qigong months-long retreats in China. He teaches ZYQ Levels 1 - 4 as well as Image Medicine. Currently, Grandmaster Xu spends the year traveling the world, healing, teaching, speaking, and spending time at his Kundawell Institute, Beijing, China.
Kate has been studying ZY Qigong under direct guidance of Grandmaster Xu Mingtang and Dr. Martynova for over 10 years. She frequently visits Shaolin Temple in China to study ZY Qigong and to deepen her practice.
She received her instructor training in Shaolin, China, with Grandmaster Xu Mingtang, in 2007. In 2011, Kate received advanced training at Shaolin, resulting in certification to teach Level 2 of ZY Qigong. Kate has been holding regular workshops and classes in Los Angeles, California, since 2007.
Kate is also a co-editor of Level 1 and Level 2 books on Zhong Yuan Qigong, English Edition, and a Director of the North American ZY Qigong Association.
Kate holds weekly practice sessions and teaches ZY Qigong Levels 1 and 2.
Dr. Tamara Martynova, PhD, has been teaching Qigong since 1993 and has taught thousands of students across Europe, Canada, and USA, frequently alongside Grandmaster Xu Mingtang. She is the vice president of the Ukraine Association of ZYQ and the director of ZYQ Center in Kiev.
Dr. Martynova authored and co-authored 14 books on Qigong, as well as numerous video and training materials, and now travels teaching Qigong to students worldwide.
Dr. Martynova teaches ZY Qigong Levels 1, 2, and 3.